Holy Redeemer School in College Park is looking for a part time bookkeeper. If you are interested or know of someone who might be please read more below.
The bookkeeper reports directly to the Pastor and is responsible for performing general accounting and human resource functions for the parish, including the school. The accounting function includes bookkeeping (general ledger, accounts payables, accounts receivable, payroll, budget reporting, and financial statement and report preparation. The human resource function includes supporting the hiring and on-boarding of new employees, benefits administration, employee data, termination processing, and reporting. The bookkeeper/human resource representative will do administrative office work as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with a high level of initiative and independence in support required by the parish/school.
• Ability to work productively and maintain harmonious working relationships within the office.
• Attends Archdiocesan parish financial operations and human resource programs.
• Communicates with pastor, principal, parochial vicars, deacons, directors, office personnel, parishioners, Archdiocesan personnel, and others outside of the Church with a cheerful and respectful attitude.
Human Resource Functions
• Responsible for supporting parish/school employees and assuring adherence to local, state and Federal law and compliance with Archdiocesan Employee Policies.
• Supports the parish/school recruiting for new employees, screening candidates, hiring candidates, and new hire paperwork.
• Supports the on-boarding of new hires including orientation to benefits, review of Employee Policies, and understand how to use CHRIS to maintain employee information and request time-off.
• Responsible for ensuring that employees meet benefit enrollment deadlines for both new employees during on-boarding and current employees during annual enrollment.
• Disseminates benefit information to all parish and school employees that is received from the Archdiocesan Human Resources Office and answers questions regarding benefits. Maintains and keeps current employee personnel files in a secure location.
• Location contact to coordinate Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Family Medical Leave. Supports process of employees leaving the employment including reviewing benefit continuation program.
Accounting and Payroll Functions
• Responsible for ensuring parish/school funds are available for the purpose of meeting payroll and payroll tax deadlines to avoid financial penalties.
• Coordinates payroll biweekly ensuring it is submitted by Wednesday at 12:00 noon.
• Reviews all W-2 information and payroll taxes and reviews the year-end process from the payroll network. Maintains and reconciles the parish/school operating accounts.
• Reconciles all parish satellite accounts monthly.
• Prepares bank deposits and records receipts.
• Processes all incoming invoices for parish and school and is responsible for paying in a timely manner without incurring a penalty.
• Processes check requests from the rectory and school in a timely manner.
• Prepares checks to be signed by the pastor or the parochial vicar in the pastor’s absence.
• Produces and completes monthly reports by the 15th of the following month.
• Submits monthly statements of incoming expenses and balance sheet to the pastor and principal.
• Prepares and submits the annual parish financial report to the Archdiocesan Finance Office.
• Provides weekly parish income report to the pastor.
• Prepares the annual parish budget for the pastor in a timely fashion.
• Prepares weekly collection to be delivered to the bank and deposited within 24 hours.
• Prepares offertory and educational Archdiocesan assessment every month to be submitted to the Archdiocesan Finance Office.
• Prepares and sends monthly Stewardship Report to the Archdiocese Finance Office.
• Attends Parish Finance Council Meetings.
• Maintains and keeps current all financial files, payables, deposits and taxes.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in accounting preferred. Three to five (3-5) years experience in bookkeeping or accounting required. One to two (1-2) years of experience in human resources preferred. Knowledge of and skill in using personal computers. Microsoft GP and UltiPro knowledge a plus. Must be a practicing Catholic with knowledge of the Church.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Comprehensive bookkeeping skills to adequately serve parish/school financial operations. Knowledge of CMS for Windows, UltiPro and Great Plains software strongly preferred. Skilled in MS Office and in particular MS Excel. Sound organizational and organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to perform outlined tasks. Knowledge of church procedures preferred. General knowledge of local, state, and federal employment law preferred. Must be able to select, apply, adapt, and modify procedures to meet daily operating situations. Must use good judgment in accomplishing assignments, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and complying with guidelines of the established work schedule and lunch break.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position of 3 full days per week. Evening and weekend work may be required in rare situation as job duties demand.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.